The tissue in the face weakens as we age. The brow is among the first to exhibit signs of this aging, causing us to appear constantly tired, drowsy, or angry. A brow lift is a popular procedure and often one of the first cosmetic surgery procedures that patients select. Most people agree the surgery leads to a more youthful and energetic appearance. During a consultation, Dr. Farzad Nahai, and Dr. Foad Nahai at The Center for Plastic Surgery at MetroDerm, P.C. in Atlanta, GA, will discuss the details of the procedure and whether or not you are a suitable candidate.
Candidates for Brow Lift
To determine whether or not a patient is a good candidate for a brow lift, Dr. Farzad Nahai, and Dr. Foad Nahai will complete a thorough analysis of a patient’s facial features. Patients who are interested in a brow lift generally want to correct one or more of the following imperfections:
- Drooping brows
- Angry or tired appearance
- Horizontal lines across the forehead
- Deep furrows between the brows
- Heavy upper eyelids
Types of Brow Lifts
Endoscopic Brow Lift or Endobrow
- Mild sedation then treatment are anesthetized
- 2-3 small incisions are made in the hairline
- A slender telescope lifts the skin on the forehead from the bone
- Corrugator muscles are released, and the brow is lifted into a new position
- Sutures or staples hold the flap in place for healing
Direct Brow Lift
- Patients are given a mild sedation
- Treatment areas are anesthetized
- Incisions are placed directly over the top of the brows so that scars are hidden by eyebrow hair
- Incisions are closed with stitches which are removed approximately two weeks later
- Eat a healthy diet rich in nutrients.
- DO NOT smoke in the weeks before and after the procedure.
- DO NOT take pain medication containing aspirin or ibuprofen.
- Provide a list of any medications that are taken regularly.
- DO NOT eat or drink after midnight the night before the procedure.
- DO NOT wear makeup or contact lenses to surgery.
- Patients must have a friend or relative drive them to and from the procedure.
Aftercare and Recovery
Because brow lift surgery is considered an outpatient procedure, patients can begin the recovery process in the comfort of their own homes the same day as surgery. After the procedure, a loose-fitting dressing is applied. Typically, there is little to no discomfort after surgery; however, if pain is present, it can easily be controlled with over-the-counter medication. Discoloration and bruising is a normal part of the recovery process and generally fades within seven days. To help the recovery process, Dr. Farzad Nahai, and Dr. Foad Nahai suggests:
- Recline in a face-up position at a 45-degree angle for at least one week
- Avoid strenuous activities for 2 to 3 weeks
- Keep scheduled follow-up appointments
- Wear bandages as directed
- Wait until bandages are removed to shower and wash hair
- Apply prescribed ointment to incision areas to help minimize scarring
Every patient is unique; therefore, results of treatment may vary.
The brow lift procedure provides a relaxed look by drastically reducing wrinkling of the forehead. If you want a refreshed look, make an appointment at The Center for Plastic Surgery at MetroDerm, P.C.. Dr. Farzad Nahai, and Dr. Foad Nahai serve patients around the metro Atlanta, GA area including Dunwoody, Sandy Springs, Roswell, and Buckhead.