Facials & Peels: Procedures that Produce Results
Facials & Peels can work wonders. Seeing a professional aesthetician, like Tanya at The Center for Plastic Surgery at MetroDerm P.C., will take your skincare routine to new levels. Once she evaluates your skin, Tanya will prescribe a customized regimen of care to optimize your skin health. However, products can only go so far in the rejuvenation process. In order to see greater improvement in fine lines, wrinkles, and other signs of aging, Tanya may suggest one of her chemical peels to as part of your regular skin- maintenance routine.
The purpose of receiving a chemical peel is to accelerate skin exfoliation. The process involves the use of selected chemical formulations. Sun damage, acne, and aging can cause skin to become blemished and dull. The chemical peel is an important aid in the fight against aging. When done routinely, peels can keep your skin looking brighter and smoother. Almost anyone is a candidate for the face peel procedure. Results of peels are cumulative; optimal benefits are seen after several peels. A peel procedure takes approximately 45 minutes. Pregnant or nursing mothers are not candidates for chemical peels.
General Benefits of Facials & Peels
Medical-grade chemical peels, available exclusively at licensed practices like The Center for Plastic Surgery at MetroDerm P.C. in Atlanta, GA, have a number of benefits:
- Reduces fine lines and wrinkles
- Exfoliates surface skin cells and kick starts the skin rejuvenation process
- Improves uneven skin tone
- Brightens skin
- Smooths skin texture
- Decreases the frequency of acne breakouts/appearance of post-acne discoloration
Facial peels can be combined with other medical-grade products targeted to each patient’s individual needs.
- Formulated with niacin, lactic acid, and usnic acid
- Gently exfoliates all types of skin
- Decongests pores
- Hydrates skin
- Diminishes sun damage
- Formulated with alcohol, water, salicylic acid, mandelic acid, resorcinol, malic acid, phytic acid, panthenol, quillaja saponaria bark extract
- All peels share some of the same benefits. The Illuminize Peel has several specific benefits:
- Brightens the overall appearance of skin
- Radiant-looking skin after one peel
- More uniform complexion
- No visible peeling/no downtime
- Formulated with Alcohol, salicyclic acid, resorcinol, lactic acid, panthenol, isoceteth-20, retinol
- Smooths the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines
- Softens and smooths the skin
- Peeling Solution:
- Alcohol Denat., Salicyclic Acid, Resorcinol, Lactic Acid, Panthenol, Isoceteth-20
Each peel product is different; Tanya will give you explicit instructions for post care depending on the level and type of peel you have received.
All peel patients will want to protect their skin by limiting exposure to the sun for a week and wearing a good sun screen with SPF 30 or higher. Medical-grade products will help maintain your results. Tanya will help you select the most beneficial products for your skin type.
Each patient is unique; therefore, results will vary.
The Center for Plastic Surgery at MetroDerm P.C. offers monthly specials and other interesting information in our newsletter. Use the contact form to sign up so you are in the know. Begin your journey to more beautiful skin by scheduling a chemical peel today.
MAKE AN APPOINTMENT;
OR ASK A QUESTION