Pick the Right Surgeon for Ethnic Rhinoplasty
At The Center for Plastic Surgery, at MetroDerm, P.C., in Atlanta, Ga, rhinoplasty procedures are among the most common surgeries that Dr. Farzad R. Nahai performs. As a board-certified plastic surgeon, he is experienced in the art of ethnic rhinoplasty. Each ethnic group must be given special consideration when performing the rhinoplasty procedure. It’s impossible to precisely characterize the features of a given ethnic group, but certain naso-facial patterns do exist within certain ethnicities.
Think About Your Desired Outcome
According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, rhinoplasty, sometimes referred to as a “nose job” is performed to balance the proportions of the nose with the other facial features. Rhinoplasty patients who have breathing issues sometimes elect to correct structural nasal defects during rhinoplasty surgery. During your consultation appointment, Dr. Nahai will discuss your options and answer any questions you have about the procedure. Dr. Nahai will work with you to customize your procedure so you get the most benefit and satisfaction.
There are a number of conditions Dr. Nahai considers when making recommendations for any rhinoplasty surgery.
- Nose size in relation to facial balance
- Nose width at the bridge or in the size and position of the nostrils
- Nose profile with visible humps or depressions on the bridge
- Nasal tip that is enlarged or bulbous, drooping, upturned or hooked
- Nostrils that are large, wide or upturned
- Nasal asymmetry
When it comes to symmetry, keep in mind that everyone’s face is asymmetric to some degree. Results may not be completely symmetric; however, the doctor’s goal is to create facial balance and correct proportion.
African Americans, Hispanics, Middle Easterners, and Asians must carefully select an experienced plastic surgeon who will subtly enhance the appearance of the patient’s nose to create balance and achieve the look the patient wishes to achieve.
Rhinoplasty Considerations for Various Ethnic Groups
- African-American Rhinoplasty Many African Americans have low nasal bridges, wide nostrils, and thick nasal skin. Thick fatty tissue, combined with weak or thin cartilage in the nasal tip, can cause the nose to look bulbous, or swollen. An African-American rhinoplasty treatment plan might include augmenting the bridge of the nose, narrowing the nostrils, and shaping the nasal tip while adding cartilage grafts.
- Hispanic Rhinoplasty Hispanic rhinoplasty patients have thick nasal skin and a broad, bulbous nasal tip. Some Hispanic patients have noses more related to the Spaniard counterparts such as large bridges with a hump, and bulbous tips. Many Latino patients with roots in more southern regions of the Caribbean can have wide and flat tips and nostrils and a wide nasal bridge.
- Middle Eastern Rhinoplasty Middle Eastern rhinoplasty patients have different needs depending on their particular ethnicity, e.g., Persian, Armenian or Arab. Middle Eastern patients tend to have excessively large nasal profiles and bulbous, hanging nasal tips. It is important not to remove too much from the bridge or raise the tip too high. Customized tip shaping is critical because once the bridge is reduced, the tip becomes the focal point.
- Asian Rhinoplasty Asian rhinoplasty patients usually have a flat nasal profile, subtle bridge and wide, rounded tip. Asian patients can opt for silicone augmentation of the bridge or natural augmentation with cartilage grafts and tissue. Dr. Nahai will always customize the results so that the result is natural-looking. Similar to African American noses, the key with Asian noses is to not narrow the nostrils too much, pinch the tip, or over-augment the bridge.
- Anglo-Caucasian Rhinoplasty Caucasian rhinoplasty is performed to smooth a hump on the bridge of the nose, make the nose smaller/less prominent, and/or refine the tip of the nose.
Excellent Patient Experience
Dr. Nahai tailors his approach and treatment plan to each patient’s particular needs. It’s important to select a plastic surgeon whom you can trust. Dr. Nahai, a board certified plastic surgeon, is experienced with ethnic rhinoplasty and strives to make his patients happy with their results. The patient experience at The Center for Plastic Surgery is beyond compare. The staff is friendly, helpful, and always available to answer questions or address your concerns.
Every patient is unique; therefore, results of treatment may vary.
Once you reach an age and stage of life where you can put yourself first and want to look your very best, it’s time to call Dr. Farzad Nahai’s office to set up an appointment for an ethnic rhinoplasty consultation. You will be so pleased you did. Join the group of satisfied patients who have “been there and done that” and are enjoying the results. Dr. Nahai serves patients throughout metro Atlanta, GA, including Sandy Springs, Dunwoody, Brookhaven, and Alpharetta.
MAKE AN APPOINTMENT;
OR ASK A QUESTION