Laser Resurfacing Can Improve the Skin’s Appearance
Innovations in laser skin technology now allow the skincare experts at The Center for Plastic Surgery at MetroDerm, P.C. in Atlanta, GA, to address a variety of dermatological conditions in a manner that is safe, efficient, minimally discomforting and highly effective. Our team uses laser treatments to improve the appearance of skin, remove unwanted hair, remove tattoos, and more.
Laser skin resurfacing can improve the appearance of skin by treating minor skin flaws. It can decrease the appearance of lines and improve the complexion in patients with scars and sun damage. The Center for Plastic Surgery at MetroDerm, P.C. uses two lasers for skin rejuvenation:
- The Fractional CO2 Laser delivers all the benefits of ablative laser resurfacing without the harsh side effects typically experienced with CO2 lasers, as it vaporizes the tissue in small areas, leaving surrounding areas uninjured. The laser’s light energy encourages natural collagen production and decreases the appearance of wrinkles. More than one treatment is usually necessary to achieve optimal results. Your aesthetician will be able to provide an estimate for the number of treatments you may need. Learn more+
- The Erbium-YAG Laser removes the upper layers of skin so that, upon healing, wrinkles are diminished. Patients who are treated with this laser often experience more rapid healing, but less dramatic results than those who opt for the Fractional CO2 laser. Several treatments (three to five) are usually required to achieve optimal results. Once again, your aesthetician can provide an estimate for the number of treatments you need. Learn more+
Laser resurfacing does provide long-term improvements to skin tone, texture, and pigmentation; however, patients are advised to use proper protection against sun exposure and other environmental factors that cause damage to the skin. Daily skin care is also important in maintaining the results of laser resurfacing. To find out if you are a good candidate for laser resurfacing, schedule a consultation appointment with Dr. Farzad R. Nahai today.
Benefits of Laser Resurfacing
Laser resurfacing is an effective cosmetic treatment for the following:
- Fine lines and wrinkles in the eye and mouth area, as well as on the forehead
- Scars caused by acne or chickenpox
- Skin damaged by the aging process or sun exposure
- Liver spots
- Certain types of birthmarks
Each patient is unique; therefore, results of treatment may vary.
A series of laser skin treatments can really make a difference in skin tone. Firming the facial tissue minimizes wrinkles and evens skin tone. At The Center for Plastic Surgery at MetroDerm, P.C., we will analyze your skin and help you decide which laser treatment would be most helpful. Call Dr. Farzad R. Nahai’s office to make an appointment. His office serves patients in Buckhead, Sandy Springs, Dunwoody, and Roswell.