Mommy Makeover: Get Back in Shape After the Childbearing Years
A mommy makeover is a set of procedures designed to restore and invigorate a woman after her body has undergone the strain of childbearing. Pregnancy, breastfeeding, childbirth, and raising children each create different problems for women; therefore, the mommy makeover is unique for each patient. Dr. Farzad R. Nahai, a board-certified plastic surgeon at The Center for Plastic Surgery at MetroDerm, P.C. in Atlanta, GA, is an expert in customizing a plan addressing each patient’s specific areas of concern.
A mommy makeover is a custom procedure that addresses a women’s common cosmetic concerns after childbearing. Good candidates for a mommy makeover typically notice several of the following bodily changes:
- Sagging, drooping, or deflated breasts due to excess skin or loss of volume
- Redundant abdominal skin
- Protruding abdomen due to stretched or torn muscles
- Isolated fat deposits in areas such as the abdomen, flanks, lower back, thighs, upper arms, or chin
- Stretch marks
- Premature facial aging or signs of exhaustion
Dr. Nahai knows the best candidates for mommy makeover surgery are healthy, active individuals who have finished breastfeeding. While a mommy makeover will not impact your ability to have children in the future, another pregnancy can impact results, so ideal candidates for a mommy makeover are finished having children.
About the Procedure
While every mommy makeover procedure plan is as unique as the individual patient, there are a few procedures that are most frequently included to achieve optimal results.
- Breast Lift to counteract sagging and restore breast shape. Because moms often experience a “deflated” breast appearance once breastfeeding is complete and extra breast volume is lost, we may recommend a breast lift with augmentation. This procedure both lifts the breasts and adds volume through the placement of breast implants. Learn more+
- Tummy Tuck to remove excess skin and tighten stretched abdominal muscles in the upper and lower abdomen. A tummy tuck can also repair separation of abdominal muscles, which can be an uncomfortable condition for some women. Learn more+
- Liposuction to remove pockets of diet- and exercise-resistant fat for a more contoured look. Often performed on the abdomen, hips, thighs, buttocks, or arms. Learn more+
Aftercare and Recovery
The mommy makeover that Dr. Nahai designs will include procedures and treatments that best address your concerns. Many women also consider other procedures such as a thigh lift (liposuction), butt lift, and even facial procedures to tighten the skin. Because a procedure, or combination of procedures, is unique for each patient, exact recovery timeframes will differ. During a consultation with Dr. Nahai, patients will be instructed on pre- and post-operative care. It is important to follow recovery guidelines for patient safety and optimal results.
Every patient is unique; therefore, results of treatment may vary.
If you are a mother who is finished having children and ready to get your pre-baby body back, the mommy makeover is for you. Dr. Nahai will recommend a combination of procedures specifically for you and your needs. If you are ready to change your body, contact The Center for Plastic Surgery at MetroDerm, P.C. to schedule a consultation. The center serves patients around the metro Atlanta, GA, area including Dunwoody, Sandy Springs, Roswell, Milton, Alpharetta, Brookhaven, and Buckhead.