Restylane Gets the Job Done
The Restylane family of fillers are FDA approved breakthrough treatments that use NASHA, which is a natural, non-animal-based dermal filler just like your own body produces. Hyaluronic acid, our body’s own natural substance, exists in the dermis, or middle layer, of our skin. Its purpose is to provide fullness and volume to the skin. Restylane® is completely biocompatible with and identical to our body’s own substance and is readily accepted without reactions.
- Restores fullness to the skin.
- Minimizes moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds such as nasolabial folds around the mouth.
- Fills fine lines, plump lips, and fill dark circles under the eyes.
- Fills superficial lines.
- Lasts about six months
- Does not require any skin testing, unlike collagen-based products.
Meet all the members of the family
- Restylane® Silk: As we age, the lips tend to shrink in size and vertical lines begin to appear around the lips. Lip lines have always been a difficult challenge. Fillers, in general, have always been designed to fill wrinkles and folds and restore volume. Vertical lip lines have defied the use of traditional filler, often showing as ridges instead of a smoother surface. The Center for Plastic Surgery at MetroDerm, P.C. is very happy to offer FDA approved Restylane® Silk to treat these difficult areas for lips and around the lips. Restylane® Silk is used to diminish vertical lip lines and plump thin sensitive lips.
- Restylane® Lyft: Restylane® Lyft is a biocompatible gel filler composed of hyaluronic acid. With bigger particles than Restylane, Lyft can be used to enhance lips or minimize deep facial folds and facial wrinkles such as the nasolabial folds that occur from the nose to the corners of the mouth.
- Restylane-L®: Restylane-L® is simply Restylane® with lidocaine to reduce the sting of treatment. The volume effect is no different. The numbing provide makes a big difference and makes it possible to have lip edge treatments without pre-blocking the lips with local anesthesia.
- Restylane® Lyft with Lidocaine: Approved by the FDA for cheek augmentation and the correction of age-related midface contour deficiencies in patients over the age of 21. This is in addition to treating moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds (smile lines).
- Refyne: Designed with XpresHAn Technology™ to help soften laugh lines (nasolabial folds and marionette lines). This can help you restore a more natural look to your face while maintaining your facial expressions.
- Defyne: Crafted with XpresHAn Technology™, Restylane® Defyne helps smooth out deep laugh lines (nasolabial folds and marionette lines). Using innovative cross-linking technology.
Candidates for Restylane®
As we age, our ability to manufacture hyaluronic acid declines, and we get lines, folds, and wrinkles. This dermal filler provides instant volume and restores fullness without surgery. If you are bothered by lines, wrinkles, and folds, Restylane® treatments could be the answer for you.
- Lip lines
- Thin lips
- Nasolabial folds
- Crow’s feet (wrinkles around the eyes)
- Alternative to surgical lip augmentation.
About the Procedure
During the procedure, Restylane® is injected into the mid-deep dermis in tiny amounts using an ultra-fine needle. The treatment area may be massaged to optimize contouring of the gel. As the gel integrates into dermal tissue it attracts and binds to water molecules. This binding process then creates volume and fullness to smooth out wrinkles.
How Long Does Restylane® Last?
The average treatment will last for six months – twice as long as collagen. Touch-up treatments are usually done twice a year.
Aftercare and Recovery
Restylane® injections create a smooth, natural look and feel and require little to no downtime. Most patients return to their daily activities immediately following the procedure. Bruising at the injection sites can be covered with mineral makeup. Some redness and swelling may appear but should be gone within a week. During this time, sunbathing and exposure to cold should be avoided, as these conditions put extra stress on the recovering skin. Patients who are using substances that can prolong bleeding, such as aspirin or ibuprofen, as with any injection, may experience increased bruising or bleeding at injection site.
Each patient is unique; therefore, results of treatment may vary.
The Center for Plastic Surgery at MetroDerm, P.C. has several offices to serve the needs of their patients around the metro Atlanta, Ga, area. Their offices serve Buckhead, Smyrna, Alpharetta, Milton, Sandy Springs, Hiram, Dallas, Ackworth, and Stone Mountain. Call our office to see which location is most convenient for you.